Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hallucinations

i'm seeing words, shapes and faces, and if i shut my eyes it's like a hand reaches towards my face and manipulates the space around me. what do you think is happening, and has anyone else experienced this? it's really scary.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
585414 tn?1288941302
I experienced this (hallucinations of various kinds) before I started treatment for schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia with a mood disorder) and this can happen in schizophrenia and other psychiatric disabilities but there are many potential causes of psychosis and only a psychiatrist could provide a specific diagnosis but it would be worth seeing one.
Helpful - 0
I also experience something like this even while on meds although not nearly as often or as intense and such but it's like ILADVOCATE said, a many number of disorder can cause psychosis.
Helpful - 0
it happens to me too even now when i am on meds it is not so intesive as it could be without meds but still happens.to be honest i don t like this kind of hallucinations and i don t know part of what they are.
Helpful - 0
Hi...You should write down all your questions and ask your psychiatrist for very specific answers as you deserve and want to know the answers if answers can be provided for you.  I wonder if a neurologist could help here also; it may be possible that one can.
Everyone has the right for any explanation when one is possible so please do ask.
I hope you find the answers you're looking for.  Try not to be afraid; tell yourself you will not be hurt and it's temporary if that helps. I understand though how it would be scary, but eliminating the fear will help you greatly...nothing will hurt you.
Good luck to you and please let us know if you receive any answers; I wish I could give you some...: )
Stay Well.
Helpful - 0
Hi Again,
Just remembered when I was playing a video game tetris a little too much and when I closed my eyes on occasion I would actually see the blocks or a simulation of the game tetris for just a few seconds though.  
Are you getting enough sleep; is it possible you may be spending alot of time on the computer, watching television or playing video games ?  Sometimes when we spend too much time looking at something we may see the images when we close our eyes.
Just a thought.
Helpful - 0
675718 tn?1530033033
i don't see things, just voices i hear  :)
Helpful - 0
It is so rare to be seeing actual hallucinations that some doctors forget to ask you if you see thing that aren't really there and only ask about the voices.
Helpful - 0
675718 tn?1530033033
true
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community

Top Schizophrenia Answerers
675718 tn?1530033033
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?