Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

is it possible..

Ok so my ex fiance, has Dissociative Identity Disorder,which one of the symptoms, is lack of intimacy and personal connection, he thinks hes asexual...could they be mistaken for each other? I can see it, but thats me, I need other opinions. What do you think?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to this question, I just wanted to say I think this is the wrong forum for that question because although schizophrenia translates into "split mind", it doesn't mean a split personality but rather that the mind is split off from reality  It is OK though, it is a common misconception people have.
Helpful - 0
OK actually I just thought about it and did you mean to ask if the asexuality and loss of intimacy/personal connection can be mistaken for each other or did you mean can the multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia can be mistaken for each other?  Sorry if I misunderstood, it was kind of ambiguous what you wrote.
Helpful - 0
I ment, is the symptom; lack of intimacy/personal connection for DID can be mistaken as a symptom for asexuality, but the person who is suffering this?
Helpful - 0
by the person suffering?*
Helpful - 0
I think the two could be mistaken for each other yeah because that seems like a blurry line there.  But this is the wrong forum for this, DID and schizophrenia are two separate unrelated things.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community

Top Schizophrenia Answerers
675718 tn?1530033033
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?