is it possible..

Ok so my ex fiance, has Dissociative Identity Disorder,which one of the symptoms, is lack of intimacy and personal connection, he thinks hes asexual...could they be mistaken for each other? I can see it, but thats me, I need other opinions. What do you think?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to this question, I just wanted to say I think this is the wrong forum for that question because although schizophrenia translates into "split mind", it doesn't mean a split personality but rather that the mind is split off from reality  It is OK though, it is a common misconception people have.
Helpful - 0
OK actually I just thought about it and did you mean to ask if the asexuality and loss of intimacy/personal connection can be mistaken for each other or did you mean can the multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia can be mistaken for each other?  Sorry if I misunderstood, it was kind of ambiguous what you wrote.
Helpful - 0
I ment, is the symptom; lack of intimacy/personal connection for DID can be mistaken as a symptom for asexuality, but the person who is suffering this?
Helpful - 0
by the person suffering?*
Helpful - 0
I think the two could be mistaken for each other yeah because that seems like a blurry line there.  But this is the wrong forum for this, DID and schizophrenia are two separate unrelated things.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community