my birage of symptoms is it all connected?

hello, my name real name is Ashley (in my head i call myself Temperance) this is going to be long your fair warning. i believe i have MPD possibly schzofrinaia (bad spelling sorry) i was also told i also have conversion disorder but i dont now if thats true. this all started when i was eight years old when i started my period on my 8th birthday. it was the scariest day ever for me. i was in horrible pain i remeber hunching over crying the cramping pain went from my lower stomach to my toes when i felt the gush it was everywere. i went through 8 pads every 4 hours. i was taken to the hosptial they gave me a shot i cant remeber what it was my period slowed and i was sent home. they told me i was overracting its totally normal. my periods continued like this for every month for 6 months. then i realized i was different i was still "day dreaming" a extreme amount i told my mom she said its ok your creative. then one day i said no mom there's a man dressed like joker behind you laughing at me.. she said i was tired to go to bed. thats when i decided to keep it to myself. a week after this i blacked out i dont remeber 3 months of my life. apparently i was talking playing and active the whole time. but my close friend told me i was very different and violent. i still continued these bad periods and intense pains as well with the loss in time. at 16 after extreme wieght gain i was diagnosed with PCOS told i couldnt have kids. at this point i would have really heaxy dibilitaing periods or none at all.. im was still dillushonal and still losing time. as i got older things got worse i could here voices saying to cut myself. i did a few times then one voice in my head said "dont". i brushed these off deathly afraid i would be sent away. then in 2006 i was hanging with some close friends i had a growing headache that got worse it felt like it was going to explode we went to drop of a friend and on the way back i blacked out.. not un councous.. when i came back home ( witness's saw me) they saw me wondering around my room looking for things i was confused my actions changed my aditude then i dont know why but my friend whom i diddnt know had MPD( he was more like an acutance meet him once before). called me by my name no answer then he asked what was my name? i answered scarlet. they looked at me dumbfounded then i walked out. i came through as i was in my backyard this was different never did i have this headache with a black out before then my friend came out i was in tears not understanding what was wrong. he stayed with me for 2 weeks after this trying to help me (i begged for them not to take me to the hospital) during that two weeks 5 more personalities came.. at one point i was able to identfy 16 others but 5 became very prominate. there was me, scarlet, fantasy,hope, love, zeal and anarchy. my frined controls his by meditation. if this wasnt scary enough two weeks later the sezures started i kept those secret for three months untill my side vision went out. i thought i needed new glasses. so i went to the eye doctor and he saw somthing funny with my optic nerve and he told me i needed a mri stat he thought i had a tumor.  also two days before i started these horrible nose bleeds. i went to the doctor telling her about sezures and the nose bleeds got my mri and a pituitary tumor was found. the doctors refused to remove it they gave my headache meds cause of my headaches and started me on sizure pill, things got worse i was have 20 sezures a day. and 3 nose bleeds a day. then the praylasis started on my left side only localized in my arm and whole leg including foot (had no refluxes) i was still dealing with the voices, painful periods and the sezures as well. then the chronic pain started from my hips down to my feet. i expirenced extreem weakness and fatigue as well. i was bed bound i couldnt physically saftley function i was on 10 different meds including powerful pain killers. including a anti depresant (didnt work for me) when the doctor couldnt find anything beside the abnormal brain activity and some mild chemical inbalances. they told i was on conversion disorder. they gave me more another anit depressant and said it was in my head. so i was taken off all meds. i can function better now after watching what sets things off and minmizing any stress but im still in chronic pain still haveing all the same symptoms except i accepted the as a part of me. by gods miracle even with all my symptoms i got pregnat after 4 years of activly trying. now i realize i need to figure this out for my daughter my fiance is doing great with helping me. and i would never hurt my daughter but my chronic pain has gotten worse i have permantly lost feeling in my top thigh. everyone including my parents still tell me its in my head. is this all caused by conversion disorder. what do i do...i want to run with my daughter when she starts i want to enjoy one moment with out pain. dose this sound like conversion disorder? is there something i can ask my doctors to test for that may not have yet. is there a good medicine for conversion or do i have more going on in my mental status then i thought. please help me. also if it means anything i have sever dental problems. receding gums and weak teeth.
It's possible it's conversion disorder, a tumor can also cause symptoms like that but it depends on where it's at and I don't know much about tumors, I just know they can sometimes present with symptoms such as what you experience.  The only thing schizophrenia would cause out of everything you mentioned would be voices as far as I know and you have to have either a voice commenting on your actions or multiple voices holding a conversation with each other to be diagnosed with schizophrenia because of voices alone.  Otherwise it takes a while plethora of symptoms to be diagnosed with it.  MPD and schizophrenia are vastly different and separate from each other.  MPD is also a possibility I guess, the frontal lobe is what controls the personality, not the pituitary gland, but again I don't know much about how tumors work, I'm just guessing there.
Have you seen a psychiatrist or neurologist yet?
my voices have conversations with each other
So do mine occasionally.
i have seen a neurologist but she said it was conversion disorder, but i am not sure if thats what it is. my personalities do have conversations with each other they even talk to me. in the beginning they would try to control me but now we have come to agreements. mostly on self preservation for all of them.
i was told my pituitary tumor resolved its self im so sure about that but thats what i was told.
If you are hearing voices in your head these are not considered separate personalities are schizophrenia is called the split mind disease not because there is a split personality but because the thoughts and emotions are split off from each other.  Perhaps it is time you saw a psychologist and then they could refer you to a psychiatrist for further evaluation if they think it would be warranted.
Also, other disorders can have voices in the head such as bipolar disorder.
its not just them i have i dont always see everything in the "normal" way either all the time i also "daydream" there hard to explain. buti have mistaken these daydreams as reality before as well.. my health insurance dont cover physiologist or psychotherapy
What do you mean by you don't always see everything in the normal way?  ILADVOCATE on here could give you more information that I don't possess on getting in to see a psychologist or psychiatrist when you can't afford it.
If your health insurance doesn't provide cover for mental health care than supplemental insurance could cover that and there are various options. There is also the Medicaid Buy in for Working People with Disabilities and there has an extensive eligibility range and it would be worthwhile to find out about that as that does provide mental health coverage.
Dissociation can occur with schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder is clinically separate as a criteria and rare and involves separate distinct personalities that a person enters  into and appear separate to them. However only a psychiatrist could provide a specific diagnosis. But since you have had a neurologist note various concerns any records from treating neurologists should be specifically released to any psychiatrist you would see and they should be fully informed about any diagnoses or conclusions past treating neurologists made so they can be aware of that as well and fully understand what might be happening and what the proper treatment would be.

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community