Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

neboglamine

Any info on neboglamine? Produced by a Swiss company Xytis. It is suppose to eliminate a-typical anti psychotics. I find nothing as far as FDA trials.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
585414 tn?1288941302
   Yes from what I am reading research on that specific medication is inactive at this point but there are other medications in that class that is the NMDA receptor modulates that are currently under active study. You can google the search engine PubMed or Clinicaltrials.gov. I take glycine which is a compound in phase 2 FDA study under strict psychiatric supervision. I am the first person to show a response to it as a primary (stand alone antipsychotic). In the standard studies it is used as an adjunct (additional) antipsychotic agent. Although the NMDA receptor modulates have a more favorable side effect profile than the current generation of antipsychotics as in clinical study some have only shown promise have adjuncts at this point its too early to tell if they will be approved as primary antipsychotics and it will take further research to contrast them to the current generation of antipsychotics as regards efficacy but the results are promising.                          
Helpful - 0
BOY! You really are up on the specifics! How lucky is that? You're actually the first! Thanks for the response. Very grateful!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community

Top Schizophrenia Answerers
675718 tn?1530033033
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?