1102314 tn?1286104890

seroquel stopped working for my schizophrenia

seroquel stopped working for my schizophrenia

it only worked 2 months and now 5 years later when i take it it doesnt work

can anything be done?

Jeroen
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well they can probably try you on different medications, seroquel isn't the only antipsychotic medication out there.  I read one guy with schizophrenia had taken a medication that worked well for 40 years and then just one day without warning it stopped working.
Helpful - 0
1102314 tn?1286104890
that's the problem, seroquel is the only med i felt good with

i tryed, zyprexa, solian, sulpride, risperidone, geodon, abilify
none helped to make me feel good
Helpful - 0
585414 tn?1288941302
The two newest FDA approved antipsychotics are Saphris and Fanapt. A psychiatrist if no other antipsychotics worked would consider a person for Clozaril. The antipsychotic agent I take, glycine which is Phase II FDA study (google "Dr. Javitt, glycine") has promoted a full recovery in me. In the conventional study its given as a secondary (along with another antipsychotic) but in myself it is a primary antipsychotic (by itself). That is available but should only be administered by a psychiatrist. My recovery will be published in a case study and has been clinically noted by provider agencies. It still is in clinical study so it is in some ways an unknown quantity but is part of a new class of antipsychotics the NMDA receptor modulates that will promote a fuller recovery and won't cause tardive dyskinesia or diabetes. It can be administered with any antipsychotic except Clozaril because they interact.
Helpful - 0
Yeah like ILADVOCATE said there's still more options because of newly developed ones or because some of the options are a last resort.  Clozaril I hear is a really good one but is like best friends with agranulocytosis so it requires frequent blood tests.  I guess on the bright side no one's ever found that it causes TD so you won't have to worry about that if they put you on it.
Helpful - 0
1102314 tn?1286104890
i tried clozaril and it didnt work, also had swallowing problems with it
Helpful - 0
Confused and disoriented on why this post got bumped up to the top of the forum but there's no new message.  Did someone post a message but it got deleted or something?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community

Top Schizophrenia Answerers
675718 tn?1530033033
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?