seroquel stopped working for my schizophrenia

it only worked 2 months and now 5 years later when i take it it doesnt work

can anything be done?

Jeroen
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well they can probably try you on different medications, seroquel isn't the only antipsychotic medication out there.  I read one guy with schizophrenia had taken a medication that worked well for 40 years and then just one day without warning it stopped working.
Helpful - 0
that's the problem, seroquel is the only med i felt good with

i tryed, zyprexa, solian, sulpride, risperidone, geodon, abilify
none helped to make me feel good
Helpful - 0
The two newest FDA approved antipsychotics are Saphris and Fanapt. A psychiatrist if no other antipsychotics worked would consider a person for Clozaril. The antipsychotic agent I take, glycine which is Phase II FDA study (google "Dr. Javitt, glycine") has promoted a full recovery in me. In the conventional study its given as a secondary (along with another antipsychotic) but in myself it is a primary antipsychotic (by itself). That is available but should only be administered by a psychiatrist. My recovery will be published in a case study and has been clinically noted by provider agencies. It still is in clinical study so it is in some ways an unknown quantity but is part of a new class of antipsychotics the NMDA receptor modulates that will promote a fuller recovery and won't cause tardive dyskinesia or diabetes. It can be administered with any antipsychotic except Clozaril because they interact.
Helpful - 0
Yeah like ILADVOCATE said there's still more options because of newly developed ones or because some of the options are a last resort.  Clozaril I hear is a really good one but is like best friends with agranulocytosis so it requires frequent blood tests.  I guess on the bright side no one's ever found that it causes TD so you won't have to worry about that if they put you on it.
Helpful - 0
i tried clozaril and it didnt work, also had swallowing problems with it
Helpful - 0
Confused and disoriented on why this post got bumped up to the top of the forum but there's no new message.  Did someone post a message but it got deleted or something?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community