Schizophrenia Community
920 Members

whats up?

i don't know what is wrong. i go to a therapist, but it is not going any where. i really want to know so i thought i'd ask. i see things (ex. person, cat) that are not there. i will also remember things, mention them to my sister and she tells me it never happened. i constantly think somebody said something to me (or they are behind me) so i look around and nobody said any thing and nobody is there. i do not feel any remorse when i lie, i have trouble caring about people, i like using people to get what i want, i have a high iq, i am paraniod (i think somebody is watching me constantly so i dont like to move in the dark or turn my back to anything) and i have ocd tendencies (i like to make thing straight and i need my clothes folded perfectly). i will suddenly feel the urge to move (ex. i need to twitch my shoulder). my grand mother and mother are bipolar, my sister has depression and my father is bipolar, schizophrenic, has ocd, add, etc. i think i might be schizophrenic or sociopathic. i just want to know what is wrong.
I would suggest that the therapist make a referral to a psychiatrist. I have made a full recovery (read through my posts if you wish, the treatment is still in clinical study but currently available treatment was of help to me as well) from schizoaffective which is a combination of schizophrenia and a mood disorder which in my case happens to be bipolar. Much of what you describe could be schizophrenia or a related disorder. However, only a psychiatrist can provide a diagnosis but it would be worth seeing one and bring up everything you discussed in that post.
I experience similar things to what you're describing and a lot more except for the using people bit and I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia.  I'm sure there's more going on with you than you listed as it's hard to remember it all at least for me.  It's a good idea to talk to a psychiatrist like ILADVOCATE said and you can sometimes even get the disorder if you have little or no history of Schizophrenia as my uncle is the only person in my family with it (he has Schizoaffective Disorder like ILADVOCATE) and everyone else on my father's side has Bipolar DIsorder but genetics still play a pivitol role in development of it.  I think they said however the same gene that causes Bipolar Disorder causes Schizophrenia.