Sexual Addiction Community
69 Members

Good support and advice for a newly-realized sex addict

Here's a very brief description of my situation:  I'm 34 yrs old.  I've been exposed to porn since 6 yrs old, and I'm addicted to that, as well.  I can recall my first time masturbating at 8 yrs old, and have been masturbating ever since...ranging from once a day to days that I lose count.  There are 2 yrs in my life where I could NOT recall a thing, because I somehow managed to block out.  Until recently, tell tales and memories have been resurfacing of being molested DAILY for those 2 entire years which, unfortunately, had a big role in leading me on a rampage of sexual encounters with strangers.  Only recently was it pointed out to me that I am a sex addict (confirmed by a doctor).  

Is there anyone in this forum who has gone through, or is going through, therapy and is in a sexual addicts support group of some sort, that I can speak with?  Though it may all be in my mind and I should know better, I am feeling a bit alone in this.  Any support at this point, would be helpful, and truly welcomed.  
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.