Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sexual Health Community
13.4k Members

Depo Provera birth control shot...!

I am 19 years old, and just recently become sexually active with my boyfriend, we used protects and have both been tested, so all is good there. Okay... a week ago I got my depo Provera shot... and since then I have been hungry all of the time and have had cravings for anything sweet, saly, greasy, you name it, I've craved it... I also have been feelings nausiated at times... I am having terrible aches in my legs and arms... the worst of all, sex has become so painful during and after that I actually cried (Only had sex once since the shot, because I can't even think about sex anymore).... It's been only a week and I already feel terrible... I know the Depo Provera can take the next three months plus at least 6 months afterwards to leave my system (I don't plan on getting the second shot).... Is there anything I can do while I wait to off set these sypmtoms, and the painful intercourse??? I am worried my negative side effects will follow. What are my options?
1 Responses
332074 tn?1229564125
I think you should talk to your doctor. The hunger issue is normal. They do say that you may gain weight while on the shot. As for the leg pain and the sex pain these are not common and you should really get it checked asap. Some people have blood clots form when using certain birth control medications.
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.