Sexual Health Community

Depo Provera birth control shot...!

I am 19 years old, and just recently become sexually active with my boyfriend, we used protects and have both been tested, so all is good there. Okay... a week ago I got my depo Provera shot... and since then I have been hungry all of the time and have had cravings for anything sweet, saly, greasy, you name it, I've craved it... I also have been feelings nausiated at times... I am having terrible aches in my legs and arms... the worst of all, sex has become so painful during and after that I actually cried (Only had sex once since the shot, because I can't even think about sex anymore).... It's been only a week and I already feel terrible... I know the Depo Provera can take the next three months plus at least 6 months afterwards to leave my system (I don't plan on getting the second shot).... Is there anything I can do while I wait to off set these sypmtoms, and the painful intercourse??? I am worried my negative side effects will follow. What are my options?
I think you should talk to your doctor. The hunger issue is normal. They do say that you may gain weight while on the shot. As for the leg pain and the sex pain these are not common and you should really get it checked asap. Some people have blood clots form when using certain birth control medications.