Sexual Health Community

Desensitized Penis. HELP!

So I'm 18 years old and have been masturbating since I was about 12. I never used to use lube but only stimulated the top of the penis usually. I have lost most of the sensitivity on the top for this reason but still was sensitive on the bottom. Trying to reverse the damage I had done, I stupidly purchased a cream that was supposed to re-educate the penis called Man1Man Oil. I used it for about a week and didn't see any results with the top of the penis, but found redness and soreness on the bottom of the shaft. I have really sensitive skin (eczema and keratosis pilaris) so I figured this was another cream that irritated my skin, so I stopped using it. However, the bottom of my shaft is now brownish and almost all of the sensitivity is gone! Now I'm panicked because I can't feel anything in my penis! Does anyone know if I will be able to restore the sensitivity at least to the bottom portion? I don't think I damaged any nerves because it was not due to injury or rough usage, just a cream that I was sensitive to. Any advice would GREATLY be appreciated.
COMMUNITY LEADER
This cream has probably gone deep in to your skin so hopefully with time you will get your sensitivity back.
Men can used to the way they masturbate so maybe that's why you don't feel as sensitive. Have you tried going for awhile with no masturbation? You might want to try this and when you do start masturbating again always use a hand lotion or a water based lubricant.
I should have posted this first. I think you should see a Dr and take the cream with you. Tell him what's going on. Don't be embarrassed because there's not much Drs haven't dealt with.