Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sexual Health Community
13.5k Members

Female Trouble

I have not been sexually active for a while. Last week my new boyfriend and I decided to take that step. Since that time my vaginal area is sore and when I use the restroom it burns. It feels like it is torn or something. How long with this last, as it has already been a week, and is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process?
3 Responses
not to my knowledge there is anything to help speed up the healing process. next time you have sex, make sure more lubrication is involved thru the entire sex act. if it burns for another week, you may want to see your doctor because it could be a bacterial infection.
Its quite normal that if you have sex after long gap it happens. It will automatically stop when you do regular sex but with a good foreplay like oral sex etc.
1396194 tn?1313102926
keep the area cool, dry, and clean. If it doesnt get better go see your doctor.
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.