Sexual Health Community

First time sex and now I'm bleeding

Hi everyone. I lost my virginity a week ago today but last night in the middle of the night I had some very mild cramps and then about halfway through today I was bleeding, a little heavy at first but now it's more like a period. I was wondering if this could be from sex or if it's a miscarriage.. we did use a condom neither of us have any stds.. please tell me what could be wrong. I did not bleed at all the day we had sex. This just came out of nowhere and it's not time for me to have my period. Please help.
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you don't believe that this is an irregular period, then you need to be seen by a doctor (gynecologist) to determine what's causing this recent bleeding ~ you have to be examined by a doctor in person in order to be diagnosed. Slight bleeding and spotting is normal for many women, right after they lose their virginity, but it shouldn't last for more than a few days afterward.  You should consider making an appointment for a pelvic examination so that you can figure out what is going on.
Take Care
There are many possible reasons for bleeding during sex or bleeding that occurs after sex, it is unlikely that you “broke” your hymen (the hymen is a thin layer of tissue that partially covers the vaginal entrance and is filled with blood vessels, thus causing bleeding in some women when it first tears due to penetration).

The hymen may tear from various types of penetration including intercourse, vaginal fingering, or insertion of a sex toy. The hymen does not “grow back” if you have not had sex in a long time, as is sometimes mistakenly believedWhen women have tearing around the entrance of the vagina, or just inside, healthcare providers sometimes prescribe specific antibiotic ointments in order to reduce the risk of developing an infection.

Therefore if you think you may have tearing inside, you might check in with your healthcare provider so that he or she can exam you (tearing, by the way, happens to many women at one time or another).