Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sexual Health Community
13.6k Members

HSV Questions

A week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine. After this past week I ended up with a very bad UTI infection and I am in Cipro at the moment for it, which seems to slowly be working. However, I realized today that it burned when I had a bowel movement. I realized that it still burning after that as well which I found weird. I felt and felt like I might have a bump. However, if it is a bump there is only one. Feeling this way I immediately  panicked and went to have my blood drawn for HSV1 and HSV2. It has only been a week and a half since exposure. Could this be HSV?
I talked with the guy and he said his ex two years ago said she had it, but that they used protection and she on;y had one outbreak in those two years. He has also been with a few other girls since then and no one has said anything about having any symptoms of it. I have to wait through the weekend for the blood results, but I heard that it can take months to actually appear from the blood tests.

What are your thoughts and do I need to keep freaking out over this? The last thing I want to have is an STD. Please provide me with any feedback you might be able to give. Could this just be caused from my UTI? Apparently I had a really bad one.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.