Sexual Health Community

HSV Questions

A week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine. After this past week I ended up with a very bad UTI infection and I am in Cipro at the moment for it, which seems to slowly be working. However, I realized today that it burned when I had a bowel movement. I realized that it still burning after that as well which I found weird. I felt and felt like I might have a bump. However, if it is a bump there is only one. Feeling this way I immediately  panicked and went to have my blood drawn for HSV1 and HSV2. It has only been a week and a half since exposure. Could this be HSV?
I talked with the guy and he said his ex two years ago said she had it, but that they used protection and she on;y had one outbreak in those two years. He has also been with a few other girls since then and no one has said anything about having any symptoms of it. I have to wait through the weekend for the blood results, but I heard that it can take months to actually appear from the blood tests.

What are your thoughts and do I need to keep freaking out over this? The last thing I want to have is an STD. Please provide me with any feedback you might be able to give. Could this just be caused from my UTI? Apparently I had a really bad one.