Sexual Health Community

Help! Tearing and sore vagina

So this is quite weird I had sex and I've never bled before but this time there was so much on the bed as well as that I wasn't wet and my vagina dried up which I think led to cuts and tearing which are really sore and irritating like even if it touch it it stings and burns. Sex isn't meant to hurt so I'm not sure what's happening
COMMUNITY LEADER

First, if you haven't already done so, take an otc pain reliever such as acetaminophen (like Tylenol) or ibuprofen (like Advil) for the soreness.
    If the bleeding is heavy and/or continuous you should see a doctor right away.  
    If the bleeding has stopped, keep the area as dry and clean as possible (wash w/ water, dry w/ gauze pads or w/a clean cloth, gently).  Avoid soap and douching; use witch hazel & water instead. Make sure you stay dry and wear loose fitting underwear to avoid any infection and discomfort.
When you urinate or sit down, it will most likely sting bad.  You can wrap an ice pack or cubes in a clean cloth and apply that directly to the cuts, to help alleviate some of the pain.
Definitely make an appointment soon to see your doctor if the pain persists for more than a day. Avoid sex for a few weeks until you have healed completely.
Take Care
Honestly, I highly recommend calling your gynecologist and scheduling an emergency appointment. If sex happens when your vagina is dry there can be a lot of pain even bleeding. The vagina itself is very elastic, much more than we think however this doesn't mean you should automatically rule out if there was a tear because it is possible of course. Than again my biggest suggestion is just biting the bullet and calling your gyno/obyn and telling her you think something's wrong. No need to go into major detail unless you're comfortable you can leave it at "Hey you know, I'm worried my vagina may have torn. It really hurts I need an appointment asap"  But most certainly not lubricated sex can be excruciating pain and even after sex it can leave your vagina extremely sensitive and in pain along with severe irritation. Burning, stinging, all very common side effects of it.