How do I tell if I tore the wall of my vagina?

My fiancee and I had sex a few nights ago, though something went wrong and I was in a lot of pain. Today I was in pain which didn't surprise me, but right as I was getting ready for bed, I got this itchy feel down in my vagina. I felt around to see if something was wrong. I found that something is swollen and I don't know if I should be worried or if I should go to a doctor?
COMMUNITY LEADER

Usually if there was a cut or tear within the vagina, you would also experience bleeding and sensitivity. Unfortunately, you can't be diagnosed online, you need to make an appointment for a pelvic exam with your doctor or gynecologist to figure out what is causing this pain, swelling, and itching. Meanwhile take an anti-inflammatory med. (like ibuprofen), soak in a warm bath 2x daily, and wear cotton underwear.
Take Care

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community