Sexual Health Community
13.6k Members
Avatar universal

How to find gay or gay-friendly doctor about anal issue?

How can I find a gay or gay-friendly doctor about an anal issue?  I would really like to find one in the Kansas City area, but I may be able to travel if it's the right doctor.  
I'm looking for ways (non-surgical or surgical) to increase anal tone.  I had surgery for a fistula 15+ years ago and I don't believe it ever healed probably.  Based on scarring I think there was actually two, but I don't recall as I was so nervous and embarrassed about the whole ordeal at the time.  Due to another issue I'm finding my anal tone is decreasing and exercises aren't helping.  
1 Responses
134578 tn?1614729226
A lot of cities have LGBTQ-oriented newspapers or online community publications.  Look for a doctor who advertises in one.
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.