Sexual Health Community

Hymen question , is it normal

Hi recently I noticed when doing an "exam" on myself that my hymen looked a bit funny ,  is it considered to be broken or normal?
Also I am a virgin and plan to stay that way for a while. If you break it are you still considered a virgin and Is it possible for it to shape itself back?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Not all hymens look the same, and over time the appearance of your hymen will probably change. When the hymen stretches or becomes ruptured (broken), usually it will look like a very small opening at the entrance of the vagina, which is normal. In western cultures, a virgin is considered to be a person who hasn't experienced sexual intercourse... Once your hymen stretches, it will loosen up a bit, but it won't be a noticeable change unless you're sexually active on a regular basis. I hope this helped answer a few of your questions ~ Take Care :)