Sexual Health Community

I dont think my vagina is normal.

Im 18 years old and I am a virgin still. My boyfriend of 5 years and I tried to have sex last year and it was much too painful. I cant use tampons, my vagina is really really tight. when I look at it in the mirror, it looks like there is a large whitish/pink mass blocking my entire hole. Its not my hymen because its not just a piece of skin, its solid. any ideas what this might be? is it just my body? any help is nuch appreciated.
COMMUNITY LEADER

Have you seen or spoke with a doctor/gynecologist about this?  If not, you should.

Everyone is a little different, not all hymens look the same, and there are different 'types'. You may have an imperforate hymen, which means your hymen completely covers the vaginal opening. You can look it up and research 'imperforate hymen' online, to see if it matches the description of what you have.  If you think you match the description, you must make an appointment to be examined by a doctor for further help.  

Take Care
I googled it and thats exactly what it looks like. I think im going to make an appointment with my doctor. thank you so much
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm so glad you were able to find the info. you were looking for :)
Good luck w/ your appointment!