Sexual Health Community

Is my cervix bruised?

Last night I masturbated (with a toy) and this morning I woke up with period like cramps and spotting. I have read that it's a bruised cervix. These cramps were hurting me really bad so I took some tylenol and waited a couple hours and the pain isn't terrible. Just aching. Still spotting too. I thought I had started my period because I start soon but my flow is rather heavy and this is just spotting. Is it just a bruised cervix?
COMMUNITY LEADER
It sounds like a bruised cervix or maybe a tear inside of your vagina.
I'm so sorry to just be getting to your question. Are you feeling better now? I hope so.
I would recommend being more gentle and using a water based lubricant to prevent any small tears. Make sure to wash your toys with soap and water after use so you don't get an infection the next time your use them.