Sexual Health Community

My Bf masturbates instead of having sex with me

I am 25 years old and my boyfriend is 26. we have been together for a year and deeply in love. I do not doubt his love for me.
The problem is that He used to be very sexually active at the beginning of the relationship but recently like 5 months ago, we are rarely having sex. like once in a month or once every two months. i talked to him about this and that it is annoying me and its unhealthy for our relationship as i believe. he confessed that he has been masturbating almost 3 times a week since he has a high sex drive and we can not always have sex (we dont live together) and also due to other minor reasons as not to cheat on me. and he confessed that his act of masturbating is reducing his excitement towards having sex with me. I am really concerned and dont know what to do in order to solve this issue. it upsets me and is lowering my selfesteem and i am not being sexually satisfied! I have been researching the internet but with no clear answer on what to do. Shall i ask him to stop masturbating? and how can i help him on this? Please help!
COMMUNITY LEADER

You could ask him to stop, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will.  Masturbation is fine and normal to engage in, but if it stops someone from being intimate with their partner, then it usually becomes a serious problem for the couple...
Since you've talked with him about your concerns, has he tried to become more accommodating regarding satisfying you, or not?  If he hasn't, that is a definite red flag that he has no intention of changing, or just isn't interested.
In my opinion, if he doesn't start to show any interest in your sex life, it would probably be a waste of your time to continue with this relationship.  I understand that you love him deeply, but you don't sound very happy with your boyfriend.  Healthy relationships thrive on mutual satisfaction and emotional support; if you're not getting that from this relationship, maybe it's time to re-evaluate why you stay with him?
Good Luck  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Did you try to find out if he is watching porno?. Only masturbation does not give you enjoyment as intercourse. Probably he is doing it with porno watching. This is more serious than only masturbation. If he cooperates, you may visit sex expert. If he accepts the visit to professional , then you are sure that he means well. Otherwise he is cheating you..