Sexual Health Community

Over-sensitivity in male nipple

I’m a 37 year old male.  I am obese (300lbs), diabetic (type 2) and require medication to control hypetension.  I take the following medications – Metformin, Pioglitazone, Victoza (liraglutide), Amlodipine, Ramipril, Bendroflumethiazide, Asprin and Statin.

I have a strange and embareasin problem.  I hope someone out there may be able to offer some insight.  I have always had sensitive nipples but in the last few days sensitivity in my left nipple has gone crazy.  I can barely stand to have anything touch the nipple – even wearning a shirt is uncomfortable. The sensaton is pretty much constant and it is affecting sleep.  The senation is mostly kind of what you would assisicate with sex but sometimes it can be a light pain/ itch.  Also along the left arm, chest  and abdomen I have what feel like small muscle spasms – although I’m not sure if these arnt just a reaction  to the feeling from the nipple and a reacton to try and suppress the senstion.

Any advice or comment would be welcome.

Sorry - just something important to add - the feeling is constant and I can feel it without even touching the nipple.
Hi Alex, I encourage you to visit your physician for a chest examination.  Have you noticed any other abnormalties, like a lump?  A topic that isn't talked about much but needs more attention is male breast cancer.  I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think you need to be proactive and agressive in finding out what this is.  I like MedHelp, but its limited in making an actual diagnosis - please visit your physician.