Avatar universal

Small, dark spots in pubic region

I've noticed the sudden appearance of small, dark brown spots in the pubic region - not around the vaginal lips but higher up near the pelvis and in the crease between my thighs and pubis. They're tiny, like beauty spots or birthmarks. They started out as small, itchy bumps that were not discoloured and felt a little wet. The skin then became really dry and started to flake off like small scabs, after which they became flat, non-itchy spots. The earliest one I had seems to be fading. There don't seem to be any new ones after the initial outbreak of spots but some of them still seem to form scabs that come off if I accidentally pick them.

Some background:
I recently started getting Brazilian waxes, since about April. This only happened in September though.
I also have genital herpes, and I had an outbreak in July which healed normally.
They started to appear when I wasn't very sexually active.

Can't figure out what's going on down there, and the spots are a little unsightly, though I like I said, they seem to be fading a little.
2 Responses
Avatar universal
They could be from the waxing. It's hard to say. Can you get in to see your gynecologist to have the bumps checked out?
563773 tn?1374246539
It can be due to folliculitis. If your skin is prone to folliculitis, then waxing even with Brazilian wax will aggravate the condition. Folliculitis and ingrown hair are common even after Brazilian waxing.If you still want to go in for Brazilian waxing ,then apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like benadryl or claritin.You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash.It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream like dermacort will also help.

Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community

Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.