Sexual Health Community

Small, dark spots in pubic region

I've noticed the sudden appearance of small, dark brown spots in the pubic region - not around the vaginal lips but higher up near the pelvis and in the crease between my thighs and pubis. They're tiny, like beauty spots or birthmarks. They started out as small, itchy bumps that were not discoloured and felt a little wet. The skin then became really dry and started to flake off like small scabs, after which they became flat, non-itchy spots. The earliest one I had seems to be fading. There don't seem to be any new ones after the initial outbreak of spots but some of them still seem to form scabs that come off if I accidentally pick them.

Some background:
I recently started getting Brazilian waxes, since about April. This only happened in September though.
I also have genital herpes, and I had an outbreak in July which healed normally.
They started to appear when I wasn't very sexually active.

Can't figure out what's going on down there, and the spots are a little unsightly, though I like I said, they seem to be fading a little.
COMMUNITY LEADER
They could be from the waxing. It's hard to say. Can you get in to see your gynecologist to have the bumps checked out?
It can be due to folliculitis. If your skin is prone to folliculitis, then waxing even with Brazilian wax will aggravate the condition. Folliculitis and ingrown hair are common even after Brazilian waxing.If you still want to go in for Brazilian waxing ,then apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like benadryl or claritin.You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash.It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream like dermacort will also help.

Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.