Sexual Health Community

Symptoms of UTI - results say it's not

For 7 months now, I suffer from vaginal discomfort immediately following intercourse. The symptoms are that to a UTI; urge to urinate with little to no urine, stinging, swelling -- the pain subsides in around 2-4 hours, and I will be okay the next day -- until I have intercourse again. I have talked to 2 doctors, had papsmeres, urine tests, std tests -- all clean. Yet, no one can give me a clue as to what this is? It's driving me crazy!
Recurrent urine infections could be due to various reasons. Most common cause is stones in kidney which is blocking urine pathway. Other causes are changing sexual partners frequently, pregnancy, diabetes and of course childhood infections. The urine can also be due to retention of urine anywhere in its flow due t obstruction. So you should get a ultrasound, CT scan done and also some urine and blood tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.