Sexual Health Community

Transexual/castration

Ok, this might be a weird one for many of you:
I am dating a transsexual girl (as in, born male, is now a girl). Let me say straight up she is absolutely stunning. Ok, so anyway, she does have a penis, however a few years ago she had her testicles removed thinking this would contribute (she also takes hormones) to her 'female transformation'. The obvious effects of this however is that she 1. has gained weight (though I dont know if you can attribute that to this specifically) and 2. has very little sex drive. The second is my/our main concern in this situation; what can be done from this point? Again, she does take hormones on a somewhat regular basis. So how to increase sex drive in this, admittedly strange, situation?
Honestly this might be a completely misguided thought. BUT my first thought is maybe the amount of female hormones she's taking needs to be decreased since she's no longer got the testicles producing testosterone. I really don't know but might be worth asking the dr about.

Second is she on something such as the depo shot? Those kind of hormones are known to cause weight gain. Also extreme weight gain will decrease your sex drive. Make sure she's eating well, sleeping well, and exercising at least several times a week to combat this. From personal experience it's amazing what these changes can do on your sexual health.

Wish I could help more, but really hormones are freakishly complicated so her dr may be the best person to ask.
If a woman's testosterone level drops -- (yes, women do have it, just not very much) -- her sex drive also drops, so possibly the problem is that she needs a tiny bit of testosterone along with her estrogen.  Do talk to the doctor, she should have someone advising her who knows about transsexual hormone issues.
Her Doctor could test her hormones and see if the testosterone level is in the normal female range.  Weight gain, loss of energy and sex drive all sound like abnormally low testosterone levels.  I'm reading between the lines but if you are concerned about the penis she probably is too.  Some TS people simply can't afford the full procedure so I think you might want to look at insurance that covers it or setting up a savings plan.  You also may want to read up on the ways this surgery is done.  There are two basic types.  Anyway good luck and good on you for not being a transphobic jerk.  Consider how much she needs to do this by what she has already done!