URGENT QUESTION!! Birth control and antibiotics

So yesterday evening me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex however I am on birth control and have taken it everyday at the same time for five months. I have never missed a day or anything. Today I began the antibiotic ciprofloxacin to treat a UTI. Will the sex from last night affect my birth control even though I have been taking it normally? I feel like it shouldnt because at this point in my birth control cycle my body wouldn't have produced a mature egg to release. I'm still worried. Should i take the plan b pill or am i freaking out over nothing?
somebody please help...
Yes, some antibiotics can interfere with birth control. Call your doctor or pharmacist and ask what you should do and if plan b is appropriate.

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community