Sexual Health Community

paragard

I have a paragard iud and during intercourse I bleed. Could paragard be the reason.

Having IUD is one of the causes of post coital bleeding. But apart from that, other causes also need to be ruled out. It is most commonly seen in vaginal infection like Chlamydia, gonorrhea, vaginal inflammation etc. it could also be due to disease of endometrium that is lining of uterus, polyps (mass) in uterus and cervix, fibroid tumors etc. You should consult an expert nearby for internal examinations.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.