spoting

what does it mean when you spot 1 week before your period.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
It can mean lots of things! If you started a new job and you work with alot of other women your period may be trying to get in sync with the women around you. Stress can also cause spotting and missed periods. These are the ones that should not concern you too much.

It could also been a chocolate cyst which is usually on your uterus or overies and busts on it's own. Sometimes they are painful and sometimes you don't notice. If you do not get your full period when you are suppose to give it 7-10 days and then take a pregnancy test if you are sexually active. If you are not sexually active don't stress it too much.

If it occurs that you are a month late I would recommend seeing a doctor as you may have a problem with your overies and have cysts, endometriosis or some other disease, which is not deadly, but can be quite painful.

If you are overweight your periods will often be skipped and you'll only spot. Have your thyriod checked.

Hope this helps.

Tiffany
hi, i have the same problem,i would spot a week before my actual period, or even sometime during sex. But recently i been having abdominal pain. it use to go away an hr after sex but i notice that it been worst, and im starting to have vaginal odor and more liquid is coming out than before.... help!