spots on vagina

I keep having these red spots on my bikini area and on my labia and sometimes inside and i have no idea what it is or how to prevent it. sometimes they really hurt and sometimes they get pus filled and it takes forever for them to go away. I know its not an std im married and in committed relationship and have had 4 children and tested each time for stds. I thought it could be ingrown hairs. So i asked dr what to do for them around bikini line to prevent them after shaving and she just told me not to shave so i have tried that for awhile now and it doesn't stop them from forming. Sometimes they are so painful i have to have my husband open them up to get some infection out and them put drawing salve on them to try to get rid of infection. Any thoughts on this?
I'm a nurse and they could be a sign of a staph infection.  You should see your physician and let him culture the boil.  You prob need an antibiotic to clear this as well. Staph can be found on your skin normally but can result in the described boils. Hope this helps
thanks for your help
perhaps look up "hidrenitis suppurativa" and see if that describes the problem.

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community