Sexuality & Relationships Forum

Could I be pregnant from not being on the depo shot for 9 weeks?

I decided to end my depo shot use because of weight gain, mood swings etc and I had been on it for the past three years.  My husband and I were using protection, but we had an accident and I am afraid that I can be pregnant, although I have no symptoms of being pregnant I just would like to ask could I be pregnant? I have not had my period in three years since I first started the shot and I have not yet had my period since I stopped using it 9 weeks ago.  Just wanting to know is there a possible chance that I can get pregnant without ovulating or having my period for so long?  and how long will it take for me to have my period since I have stopped using the depo shot? Thank you very much.
Hello.

Of course you can get pregnant. I suggest you use a home pregnancy test as a preliminary measure If it's positive, consult your gynecologist regarding options available to you, including RU486 if you don't wish to continue pregnancy at this time.

Here's information about Depo from the official site:

"Women who want to become pregnant may stop using Depo Provera at any time. For some women, fertility returns immediately. For others, it may take 6-18 months or longer for the body's hormone cycle to go back to normal."

For further information, I suggest you post in the gynecology expert forum at:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/103

Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.