How long to wait before introducing a man to kids?

I am very new to the dating field and do like the idea of introduction to my kids to soon. A guy asked my kids and I out. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of my kids coming. I didn't give him a reason but I don't trust alot of people around my kids out of their safety.  Because the mother is the last one to know bs. But I am being to overprotective.
I don't think you are being overprotective at all.  There are creeps who will come on all charming to women just to get at and molest the kids.  Listen to your internal radar.  I would frankly not tell my kids I was dating someone until things got very serious, like, marriage looked likely.  You don't want to worry them or wear them out with a series of boyfriends, and frankly it bugs most kids when they are faced with a dating parent.  If you are new at dating, I would think you don't intend to marry the first or second guy you begin to date.  So, I would say, play it low key.