Dermal Sinus and Lipoma, is it Internal or External Congenital

My 1 year 3month baby was  not walking and urinary problem. Then in the investigation with child doctor she was diagnosed with Dermal Sinus with intraspinal extension and Lipoma tethered cord around.
She had undergone operation for both.
My corporate health insurance policy covers treatment for all "Congenital Internal" diseases of my family.
However, my insurers have rejected my claim by classifying her case as "congenital external disease".
There is conclusive evidence if the dermal sinus and lipoma was congenital or not in the first place.
In fact at the time of birth, the paedatrician informed us that she was healthy. Am not sure if he missed to diagnose or developed later on due to some reason.
Can someone please advice whether cataract is considered as an internal or external disease?
As per IRDA Internal Congenital are not visible and accessible, I am not sure my baby issue classified as external congenital?

Thanks in advance,
Manickam.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0