Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
432 Members

Extreme sinus pressure but no stuffy nose

For the last 3 or 4 months, I've been suffering from what I thought were just normal allergies. I noticed I would motion sick all the time and my ears and sinuses constantly felt clogged. I started taking Zyratec and that helped for a while, but recently it has gotten much, MUCH worse. The sinus pressure is so extreme that it feels like my head is about to explode and the headaches the pressure causes are so painful I can barely stand it. I've also been dealing with bad motion sickness again and can barely keep down food if I have to move around a lot (especially if it involved bending over). Things like cleaning out excess ear wax, warm compresses, and steamy showers help some, but only for a little bit. I would think it was just really bad seasonal allergies if it weren't for the fact that I have ZERO other allergy-related symptoms. Almost everything I read online suggests doing things to unclog my sinuses/nose, but my nose is not stuffy whatsoever; I can breath normally through my nose! I've tried just about every allergy medication out there, which is leading me to believe it may not even be allergies at all. PLEASE help! I'm desperate!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life