Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
440 Members

Flu-like symptoms and headache after septoplasty

I had septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery 9 days ago.  The procedure went well and since i've had the splints removed 2 days ago, my breathing is significantly improved.  The problem is I am suffering from horrible headaches (not something i was prone to prior to surgery), night sweats, chills, fatigue, general body aches and just general flu-like feelings without the actual fever.

I thought is was from the vicodin, but i haven't taken any for over 4 days.  My PCP suggested it's related to inflammation and cytokines and it should ease up over time.  I'm really uncomfortable and can't seem to find any definitive information about my post op experience.  

thanks
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life