Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
441 Members

Is there a cure?

I have been seeing an ENT specialist for almost 2 years ( been suffering in silence for many years), I was diagnosed with deviated septum & chronic sinusitis my symtoms include the following. Headaches, face pain, jaw ache, a lot of mucus production, sore throat, cold like symtoms, white tongue coating, bad breath. And I have recently noticed I have these awful tonsil stones. They are not visible though so I'm not sure where they are  hiding as I have been coughing them up. The ent doctor never mentioned these to me even though I have had a camera down my nose/throat many times!  The docs have no clue! Each time I go they say, "take this nasal spray, these nasal drops gargle with salty water, clear out Sinus's using a syringe to push warm salty water up your nose, if problems still continue we will do a ct scan" 6 times I have been promised a CT scan!! My last appointment was 3 weeks ago in which he said I was fine to go on my way & that he would not need to see me again unless I thought necessary?! Is he for real? I give up!!! The past 4 days I have noticed blood in my mucus which I have coughed up & also blowing my nose.  I am at the end of my teather. There must be more they can do for me? I left my job in July as a barmaid due to my low self esteem thanks to the bad breath situation. My life is totally upside down. 4 year I go I was out all the time, had the world at my feet. Now I'm scared to work, scared to go shopping, anything that is sociable I refuse to do! I'm 24 and should be loving life, right now I just want my life to be over. Someone please help if you can
Try the liver flush it helps sinuses
http://************/cleanse/liver/

also look at this
http://www.************.com/boards/sinus-problems/139765-infrequent-sinus-flooding-peroxide-baking-soda-halted-my-infection-nightmare.html
Try the liver flush it helps sinuses
http://************/cleanse/liver/

also look at this
I'm not expert to give you answers but will share my experience of sinus infection. As far as I know I was having breathing problem and couldn't breathe from both nostrils at the same time. Any one of the nostrils will be closed and don't know when it shifts; NOT A JOKE. I started getting headaches and when noticed it was actually one sided. Also, the headache stays for longer periods and they are too painful. Sometimes I feel like my view will be blackout soon. Consulted with ENT and he told me that I've got sinus infection and the main cause was misalignment of nasal septum. Told to get a surgery but I didn't want the surgery to happen until I complete my graduation.
I managed by daily inhaling steam and also by trying to eat or drink cold food. I was asked not to blow nose strongly which might tear the septum or cause problems to the nostrils and can bleed. I guess this might be the problem of your bloody mucous.
After the graduation I did correction surgery of my septum at Rhinoplasty Centre, Toronto, by Dr. Solomon and after that I had few tabs to clear of the mucous from the sinus areas and now feels better.
If you are having septum problem, a correction surgery might solve it.
Hello, stardust.. same situation...for many yrs.. I'm in 70's...and I've seen ev. ent  DRS.,BEST AROUND had sinus surgery, meds for 4.5yrs. w/out any resolution.
STONES:  could give u bad breath. Look in mirror at back of ur throat..slits on the side. Push slightly w/a "q-tip"  you'll see them come out. I find Flossing & brushing tongue helps a LOT. I had sinus surgery, deviated septum (never clogged nose, why fixed?) no help.. polyps grow back also. a I just had  new ct scan  polyps again, septum not complete straight, said that's not problem.. New ENT  dr. said polyps "not a problem.  I read: Polyps cause inflammation and my nose burns & inflamed cheekbones, facial pain, pins/needles, headachy..body weak from enduring this. I know how you feel..DON'T GIVE UP.. Find another ENT DR/SURGEON at TEACHING HOSPITAL. I'm getting allergy shots almost yr., no help..Allergist claims sinusitis due to allergies.. My Age, drs. fear surgery again, my opinion. NEIL-MED IS THE BEST HELP FOR DRAINING MUCUS, TRUST ME. I did cough up blood also yr. back..it's inflammation./congestion.. Rhino-sinusitis.. no cure. Go to website..utube.. check out DR. JAMIE LEE, ENT,  STANFORD UNIV. CALIF....SHE TELLS U WHOLE STORY OF OUR PROBLEM. ...ALSO breath could be from your stomach....Use the Neil-med with saline packet (NO TAP WATER/BOIL OR BOTTLE ONLY)...squirt up and it comes out other nostril I had to use after surgery, never stopped...you'll get "tons of relief" vs. medication... Neil med (OTC) day/nite. only think that works. best GOOD LUCK..HOPE I WAS OF "SOME HELP.
First try the Neilmed, like Irishbred said. However, Neilmed can only reach the lower sinuses, before being defeated by gravity. The following technique uses gravity to reach the upper sinuses.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322/The-Sinus-Flush

I'll also repeat to boil the water and cool it before making saline.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life