Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
434 Members

Sinus Problems/Throat/Thick Mucus

I really need your help. I am a 22 year old suffering from major sinus/ throat issues.

-Constant stuffy nose.
-Thick stringy clear mucus (excess mucus )
-Constantly hacking up the mucus and throat clearing
-Lump in the back of my throat (Makes it hard to swallow saliva)
-Dry cough
-Tonsil Stones
-Symptoms get worse after I eat.
-Sinus infections 1-2 months
-Constantly feeling like i am sick.

I have taken everything from antibiotics to reflux pills.This is really ruining my life. Can you please contact me or respond to this post on anything i should do?
Allergy test to see if its a allergic reaction or sinusitis and blood test for white blood count or virus or bacteria I'm going to urgent care for help haven't been helped yet but I never suggested them to look for those things
I have this issue for about 3 years now.I don t want to scare you but if it last more than 6 month it s chronic and you ll have to live with it.It s nothing you can do just try to live with it.I have sometimes horrible days and i have better days.Tell me if  it s worth after eating? I mean imediatley after eating in first minutes.Mine gets worse imediatley and also after drinki g something.This ******** of doctors with laryngeal reflux is ruining people lifes.If you don t respond 3 month at 2PPI /day than it s no reflux.
Also you can use  netipoot with saline solution and a seawater spray.This will help you to thin the mucus and give you some relief.You can chew gum or candy s without sugar to promote saliva flow that will help you to loosen up mucus.Also a good thing to make is steam inhalation with eucalipt at night before going to bed.it will losen up mucus and help you sleep better.Inhalation due help at this problem.
I have the same problem .  Have u ever heard of a bleach bath?   It is like swimming in a pool.   About half a cup bleach for a full tub . Now this will sound crazy but I am sure u sucked up pool water into ur nose a few times but when u have been living with a sinus infection that long u want to cut ur nose off.   The bacteria make little crevices where they can not be reached and burn ur throat.  Hurts worse than strep.  Snort a little of that tub water and then do the same with faucet water.    Burns a little but goes away right then .  Please Google bleach bath
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life