Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
441 Members

Sinus and throat connection

Could someone please give me some light on this subject. I am in the process of having surgery reduction of my turbinates and a tonsillectomy. Chronic sinus sufferer for about 10 years, and my throat will not really that much. Few times I went to the ENT she had noticed a low grade infection on my tonsils (it never bother me). The ent believes it may be my tonsils infecting my sinuses!? But I don't get it, I've one been to the gp less than hand full of times about my throat in 30 years. I am really confused I really dont wanna get my tonsils out, if I really don't need too. Any thoughts please? I do have a deviated septum too
Hello, I've been suffering with chronic rhino-sinusitis for past 4.5yrs. I had sinus surgery, deviated septum, turbinates reduced...
RESULT: not helpful, still facial pain/head..
.
All surgeries: NO GUARANTEE, THERE IS NO "CURE" FOR CHONIC RHINO-SINUSITIS...LISTEN TO:
DR. JAMIE LEE/STANFORD UNIV. WEBSITE/YOUTUBE AND LISTEN TO HER SPEECH...UNREAL WHAT YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT SINUS..I would MOST DEFINITELY see another ENT dr. in a University Teaching Hospital. Taking out your tonsils (not done any longer) doesn't sound right to me for sinus infections...which I've had tons of in the past 4+yrs...and not one dr. suggested removal tonsils. Tonsils help, not hurt..my opinion. GO TO YOUTUBE DR. JAMIE LEE...WORTH LISTENING TO BEFORE SURGERY
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life