Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
442 Members

Sinus polyp?

I had a ct scan of my sinus's and my doctor found a mass which he thinks is a polyp.   I am scared to be put under general but he said it's only 30 minutes and I should be fine.

Is general anesthesia the only way they can work on a sinus's?
Mass in the sinus is difficult to remove as it is deep seated and general anaesthesia is necessary. Also in modern times general anaesthesia is safe and without complications. You can have a discussion with the anaesthetist to allay your fears. Hope this helps.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life