What causes behind eye sinus pain/migraines?

I have dealt with terrible migraine headaches for as long as I can remember. They really effect my thinking as I feel dizzy, tired, and depressed. It seems like they come every time a cold front blows in so I have always assumed that it is sinus related.

I can tell when I am about to get one as my eyes start to feel itchy and dry. I have tried nose sprays, ear drops, eye drops, and gargling salt water. Nothing seems to help me from stopping the headaches from happening. I have tried cleaning my sheets, pillow cases, vacuuming with HEPA filters, air conditioner filters, and so on. I live in West Texas and the wind blows and kicks up dust storms often which also can trigger my headaches.

The pain is always behind one of my eyes, and can move over time to my other eye. They can last around a week or two. The only relief I can get for these headaches is taking Excedrin Migraine, and laying with the lights out until it passes.

Excedrin pills upset my stomach and I am worried about my liver. Can anyone give me some advice that might help? I will appreciate it so much. Thanks
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yep, I have had the same headaches as you. And was/am taking the Excederin Migrane/Ibuprofen 800, Flonase - and still get the sinus infections. I live in Central Texas...so pretty much everyone here gets some sort of allergy issues or sinus issues. Have you tried seeing an ENT ? They could tell you if they are in fact your sinuses causing your headaches.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Sinus Infections/Disorders Community

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life