Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
441 Members

douching problem

hello: i had sinus surgery about 3 weeks ago. I was told to douche my sinus every morning and night with a neilmed saline mixture, it is a little bottle you squeeze up in your nose and comes out the other side. Well, some goes down my throat but the biggest problem is that after doing it, about 5 minutes or more , without warning water will start really dripping out of my nose, i cannot stop it, if i had no kleenex i have to catch with my hand. like i said i do not feel it coming it just starts and i cannot stop until it is through. what can i do about this.
thank you
Hi, if the water drains through every time, then you can be prepared and wait longer as you are aware that the fluid will drain. Very rarely the fluid draining could be CSF rhinorrhea, which occurs with head injury. Am just updating you, please dont worry about this. If your symptoms persist or if you develop fever consult your doctor for an evaluation to rule the possibility of an infection. Regards.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life