sinus pain/pressure without congestion also tinitis and earpain

I've had chronic sinus issues most of my life, I'm 42 years old and have had a septoplasty for deviated septum done 7 years ago. I still continue to suffer from sinus pain and pressure that makes my cheeks, forehead, and both eyes (all around and behind) hurt.  Sometimes to the point I get what I call a sinus migraine.  It gets so bad that I get nauseous.  I've gone to many ent's, pcp's, had ct done last one years ago, and have gotten no where.  Most  of the dr's just tell me to take Flonase or nasonex, or something like it, or use a sinus wash.  I've tried these and nothing seems to work. This year seems to be the worst I ever recall, I've had tinitis since February.  Last ent I went to did allergy testing as well as hearing test.  Allergy testing showed allergy to dustmites, mold, and cockroaches (eww).  Though I don't have cockroaches in my apt, dustmites and mold are hard to avoid especially with all the rain and humidity I've been getting where I live.  I'm at a loss I don't know what else to do or where else to turn.  Currently I'm taking zyrtec, in the am, singulair at dinner time and qnasl at bed, Sudafed throughout the day if I feel stuffy and aleeve to help with the inflammation.  But not having much luck.  The sinus pain/pressure in my cheeks is something I could live with if I had to but the pain in my eyes that turns into a full blown migraine is unbearable.  I'm open to suggestions...please
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm sorry to hear about your chronic sinus issues. Tinnitus and ear pain may indeed be associated with the congestion, and it is important to avoid the allergic triggers as suggested by your doctor. Seeking another ENT 's evaluation may also help. Aside from medications, complementary and alternative techniques such as acupuncture may also help.It is best that you discuss this with your attending physician. Take care and do keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
I am sorry for your suffering. I have read about lifestyle changes to help with inflammation, such as not eating or drinking anything other than water after 8 pm, getting on a regular sleep schedule, avoiding carbs and sugar and greasy foods, and alcohol of course, eating foods high in magnesium and omegas, and getting more daily exercise in fresh air and avoiding allergens as much as possible, even if that requires moving to the mountains or desert away from pollution or mold, it's your life and health at stake and sometimes sacrifices won't be so bad once you feel the benefits. I am hypersensitive and must change my lifestyle too so I don't have to take so much Zyrtec and asthma medication and need to possibly take allergy shots soon, but I went hiking in the fresh air in Georgia yesterday, a contrast to the smoggy humidity of New Orleans where I live in a once mice infested shot gun house and yesterday I felt like 10 years younger.
Helpful - 0
Did your hearing ever get better?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Sinus Infections/Disorders Community

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life