Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
433 Members

tooth/sinus issues

5 days.  I went to my family DR as now it seemed I had a horrible sinus infection & eye issues.  She said I now have a sinus infection & conjunctivitis and gave me another Z-pak to start.  It has now been 10 days & I am still blowing this green foul smelling stuff out of my nose.  I have now started with another headache on the other side of my head and have an odd round place on that cheek.  Everything originally began on the right side of my face by the way.  When I look inside my I had an abscess tooth 2 weeks ago, the dentist put me on an atibiotic (Z-pak)and then I went back to him to begin a root canal.  He couldnt  complete & sent me to an endodontist the same day. He also began the root canal but was unable to finish as the infection had gotten so thick in two days that it wouldnt drain even with lancing my gum above the tooth.  He put me on Clindamycin and set up for me to come back in 12 days.  I literaaly live on pain medicine & motrin every 4 hours for cheek on the left side I have a small brown dot inside on my cheek.  I go back to the endodontist in 2 days.   I am beginning to think my Brain is  infected and am at a loss as to what the next step should be or who to go see.  Suggestions PLEASE!!!
please see a dr ASAP!!!! you don't it to travel to the brain,, only a small amount of bone protects from the infection.  ask for CT scan . see an ENT(ears nose troth dr) , NOT a dentist
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life