Skin Cancer Community

Atypical Mole Sole foot

I am 38 years old woman with dark hair, hazsel eyes, with light skin tone.  I went to my dermatologist today for my yearly checkup and I showed him a very small mole that I just saw in the heel of my right foot.  He looked at it with a microscope, and told me that it was atypical and should be removed.  He assured me that it does not look like cancer, but to remove it to be in the safe side.  He told me that it was not an emergency and to calm down.  I have an appt. next week to remove it.  I came home and I started reading about Acral Lentiginous Melanoma, and now I am convinced that I have it.  Could you give me any advice, I have a week to wait until I get this removed!
Take it easy. You said in your other post that it was 2mm. This is very very small. If the dermatologist is unconcerned then so should you be. They are just being extra extra cautious. Moles on feet often look a bit weird but that doesn't mean anything other than they are harder so definitively say one way or the other.

Please let us know how you get on.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.