Skin Cancer Community

Dark spots on fingernai

Hello, for the past 2 months I have has dark spots on one of my finger nails with a white patch over the top. It also have a light brown bruise colour underneath. I haven't injured myself, its not sore and not a fungal infection or deficiency/dietary according to my GP. I sae him a month ago and he told me to keep an eye on it and come back if it's not gone. It has moved with my nail as I've been documenting so I don't think it could be cancer, how we, about 5 months ago a had a biopsy on some swollen nodes on my neck which are still there. I've been reading that if it grows out with your nail then its not cancer, what other diseases can cause this?
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How eating more salt may actually save your life.