Skin Cancer Community

Excision of atypical moles following a melanoma dianosis

My husband received a melanoma diagnosis two years ago. The cells were surface, totally excised, and he was pronounced "cured" by the surgeon. Since then, he has been seen by his dermatologist every three months. He has had numerous scrapes, burns, and cells sent out for biopsies. His dermatologist suggested that moles coming back with ANY atypical cells be excised. My husband and I think this is excessive, as he now has several scars from these procedures on his back and stomach. Can't they just "watch and wait" to see whether these atypical cells develop (he now has "moderately atypical" cells on his back) in to something else?
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.