Skin Cancer Community

How does this mole/birthmark look??

My daughter who is 4, had this mole removed on Friday.  It was on the sole of her foot.  It has grown about 2mm in 2 years as her foot as grown almost 3 sizes.  It wasn't bothering her in anyway.  The derm decided to remove it because it was in such a hard to watch place.  I am nervously awaiting the biopsy.  The procedure was so traumatic for her and I hope to put this all behind us.  Any opinions on how the spot looks???  Normal?  Hope someone can help.  Thanks!
There's no way to tell by just the look of it.
Thanks.  I understand that....that is why we did the biopsy.  Just wanted an opinion.  Thanks.
:] No problem.
I personally think it looks fine. I'm not a doctor but if you search acral nevi you will see tons of benign moles that look like that. They do look odder on the feet. She does have a good reason for it having grown but I guess better safe than sorry. I hope you hear the good news soon.

Take care of both of you while you're waiting.
Well....it came back moderately atypical compound nevus(dysplastic).  She needs to have the margins re-done since the derm didn't get it all.  We will have this done under anesthesia, because the local biopsy was TRAUMATIC for her.  Not great news....but I guess it could be worse.  Thanks for your input.  
Poor little thing having to have anesthesia.

Good luck.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.