MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Need to know if I have basal skin cancer

I have obtained a red dot on my lower pelvis that looks odd, hasn’t changed size and has only gotten a little darker looking overtime. If it is or could be skin cancer do I need to see a doctor immediately or can I wait it out for like 4 more days to see if it’s real. Are there any symptoms to be expected soon if it is skin cancer?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That is an unlikely location for basal cell cancer, but in any case, it can certainly wait for evaluation.  Basal cell cancer doesn't tend to advance rapidly and it is EXTREMELY rare for it to metastasize.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Skin Cancer Community

Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize