Skin Cancer Community

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your skin cancer?

A basal cell carcinoma (BCC) usually looks like a raised, smooth, pearly bump on the sun-exposed skin of the head, neck, or shoulders.Small blood vessels may be visible within the tumor.A central depression with crusting and bleeding (ulceration) frequently develops.A BCC is often mistaken for a sore that does not heal.A squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is commonly a well-defined, red, scaling, thickened patch on sun-exposed skin.Like BCCs, SCCs may ulcerate and bleed.Left untreated, SCC may develop into a large mass.The majority of malignant melanomas are brown to black pigmented lesions.Warning signs include change in size, shape, color, or elevation of a mole.The appearance of a new mole during adulthood, or new pain, itching, ulceration, or bleeding of an existing mole should all be checked by a healthcare professional.The following easy-to-remember guideline, "ABCD," is useful for identifying malignant melanoma:Asymmetry-One side of the lesion does not look like the other.Border irregularity-Margins may be notched or irregular.Color-Melanomas are often a mixture of black, tan, brown, blue, red, or white.Diameter-Cancerous lesions are usually larger than 6 mm across (about the size of a pencil eraser), but any change in size may be significant.
I have a scar on my right cheek from a large mole removed when I was three years old. It was itchy and the bumpy red part bled when scratched. Turns out it was Basal Cell Carcinoma.
I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHETHER SKIN CANCER SPREAD OVER TO OTHER PEOPLE BY USING PATIENTS BELONGINGS AH,BECAUSE I HAD ONE YEAR OLD BABY,MY GRANDMA AFFECETED BY SKIN CANCER,MY BABY ALWAYS PLAYING WITH HER.PLS KINDLY REPLY ME
I have many moles and have them checked by a Dermatologist yearly. They are mainly on my back. Last week they biposied two moles and one was mild dysplasia near my spine. They want to do an excision first week in June.  I had some itching, but other than that I didn't know anything.
I wish we could get young people to realize how dangerous all the sunbathing is, whether indoor or outdoor. I wish I had known the statistic for fair-skinned people when I was younger and lying in a tanning bed. I try to talk to people about the dangers, but much like I was, they are more interested in their appearance for now than what is a possibility for their future.
I had a small mole on my back (amongst others). It started to get itchy and I just used to scratch it. As it was in the center of my back, I couldn't see that it had changed slightly in shape. There was also a very dark spot that had appeared in the center. The itching would drive me mad to the point where it was waking me in the night. I noticed a few spots of blood on the back of my clothing. After months of itching I thought I would get it checked out. It turned out to be a malignant melanoma. I had it removed but then I had to return for them to cut away a deeper area.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.