Skin Cancer Community

What was the treatment for your skin cancer?

Treatment for basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma is straightforward. Usually, surgical removal of the lesion is adequate. Malignant melanoma, however, may require several treatment methods, including surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy or immunotherapy or both. Because of the complexity of treatment decisions, people with malignant melanoma may benefit from the combined expertise of the dermatologist, a cancer surgeon, and a medical oncologist.
Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma on my left upper forehead. Last week I had Mohs surgery to remove it and today had the stitches removed. I will go back to the dermatologist every 3 months for a checkup and exam. I have had a previous squamous cell carcinoma in a different place on my forehead and have had several basal cell skins cancers removed. Some people think only melanoma is serious, but any type of skin cancer is cancer and can be serious. You should never let it be untreated. You should get treatment right away and have follow up checkups.
I had surgery on my cheek for an ulcer from skin cancer that wouldn't heal and got larger. Weeks before I had the operation with a plastic surgeon the hole was large. The operation was successful. I had many stitches, was left with a scar which healed okay over the years and has faded. I used bio oil. If you have to have surgery it was called a flap surgery.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.