Skin Cancer Community

white oval bump

i have a white oval bump above my left nipple, and it's been there for like, at least 4 years, i'm not too sure. i noticed today that it might have gotten bigger, but i'm not sure if it's all in my mind or not. anyways, it's probably not skin cancer right? i'm a 135 pound 5'7'' guy, so it's definitely not breast cancer, right?
Men do have some breast tissue and can get breast cancer although it's rare. Most lumps in the breast region turn out to have other minor causes.

There is a very good discussion of male breast cancer on the Breastcancer.org website www.breastcancer.org beginning on this page www.breastcancer.org/male_bc_intro.html and they also have a forum specifically for men. There's also a hereditary breast cancer forum for men on the FORCE website www.facingourrisk.org.

You can find another article on male breast cancer on the National (USA) Cancer Institute's website www.cancer.gov starting on this page  www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/malebreast/.

You can find links to skin cancer websites on this webpage
www.bestcancersites.com/skin/

If the above links aren't "live" just copy and paste them into your browser address window.
Cheers,
Ed.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize