Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum

Sleep Paralysis and falling out of bed.

Hi, my husband has instances of sleep paralysis a few times a year, when especially stressed. 2 nights ago,he was in bed early with a cough and fever. when he fell out of bed. He was not moving or making any sound when I came in from the living room. I screamed his name 3 times before he started to stir. I thought he might have been knocked out, but he claims he was having a sleep paralysis and was struggling to move and threw himself off the bed. Usually, I can hear him moan, but he CAN'T move.
I am worried it was something else. He has been weak and sort of unsteady since then, but he thinks it is just his fever..(100 F or less.)
He did have a tonic-clonic seizure in 2004 and is still on meds for prevention. He did not seem post ictal after he fell out of bed so he will not call his neurologist.
Sleep paralysis is a distinct sleep disorder from insomnia. Because this is an insomnia forum, you would need to direct this question to a sleep physician or perhaps Dr. Park in the Sleep Breathing Disorders forum.

Dr. Jacobs
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?