Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Sleep Talking

I am 26 year old male that suffers from PTSD and Anxiety Disorder.  I am currently taking Zoloft 50mg 2 times per day and Ativan .5mg in the morning and 1mg at night.  I also take Metoprolol .25mg 2 times per day.  I have had night terrors relating to my PTSD.  Here recently I have been answering phone calls in my sleep and I have been out of character.  I have said hateful things to people that I care about.  Things that I would not say to them while awake.  I am disgusted with myself.  I was hateful and acted as if I didn't even want them in my life.  This has me so stressed out.  I can not control it and that bothers me more than anything.  I do not know that I have talked on the phone till somebody tells me.  I have been told that my voice doesn't sound like me some of the time and sometimes it sounds as if I am perfectly awake.  What is causing this and What should I do?  
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
This is an issue you should bring up with a sleep medicine doctor. There's some evidence that sleep talking, walking and eating may be related to sleep-breathing problems. PTSD can also be aggravated by a sleep-breathing disorder.
Popular Resources
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child